Solar Business Plans
In completing dozens of business plan engagements from developing a complete solar business plan to solar consulting services on existing business plans, we have a dept of experience nationally and in different methods and techniques on a solar business plan venture. Some examples of solar engagements include the following:
- Solar Start up – Two brothers started a residential and commercial solar integration company in April 2009, using SC’s business plan as a guide, initially a sales organization only. Using multiple installers to subcontract work, including design and suppliers, the company expanded rapidly. By January 2010, they had taken design and installs in-house. By August, 2010, they had offices in three states, grossed almost $5M in a six month period, with 50 plus employees. The company has completed its first 1+MW job in the spring of 2010 and has several large PPA projects in its pipeline.
- Existing Electrical Contractor/Solar Company – For one northeast client with 5M in historical sales, we completed their business plan expansion into three added States and obtain funding for solar projects. This firm is one of a number of EPC qualified contractors for larger installations available to our Company, recently participating in a RFP for a 200K square foot roof top solar project prepared by the Company.
- Solar Business Plan Development & Consulting to Integrators, Sales Organizations and Installers – The Company has provided solar services and support nationwide for dozens of clients in addition to two examples mentioned above. We helped one client grow from a one man sales organization based into his father’s garage into a full scale integrator with a depth or sales, design and installers. We helped another progress from a residential and small commercial installer to utility grade projects.
- Rooftop PPAs integrator – We provided services related to the expansion of this company in establishing a REIT funding model for owners of large warehouse roofs in states with moderate to good RECS/subsidies. Consulting services included research and analysis of the proposed solar PV PPA, permitting issues, approval process, and a financial analysis for the specific property, considering its specific physical, energy and government incentives, enabling the property owners to pursue long term leases and project funding sources.
- National Analysis of Commercial Rooftops – Dan Connors, SVP of Solar Projects for our Company, completed an analysis of over 30 warehouse rooftops for a Fortune 100 freight/logistics company, to define the environmental and economic advantages to identify the best corporate sites for solar PV. The analysis considered specific utility costs and local government incentives to provide the client’s corporate engineering staff with a basis to determine what locations warranted further consideration and RFI/RFQ dialogue with local solar engineer, procure, construct (EPC) firms.
- Consulting to County Government – We worked closely with County government officials in an aggressive approach to provide numerous analyses of a county-wide solar initiative with multi-million dollar pass through loans to residential and small commercial solar users. We also assessed PPA opportunities from various perspectives, from utility to consumer, working closely with the regional municipal utility authority. In addition, we provided guidance on structuring a county-wide proposal for an RFQ for over 200,000 LED light fixtures.