Summary of Solar Services
We have completed dozens of solar business plans and solar consulting engagements nationwide for solar companies, from manufacturers to integrators to installers to sales companies, from residential to commercial to PPAs. There are many paths to success; some, of course, are accelerated in states like NJ or CA which offer great RECs. Examples of solar consulting engagements where we completed a solar business plan and/or solar services are as follows:
- Rooftop PPAs integrator – We provided solar services, including a solar business plan related to the expansion of this company, establishing funding models for owners of large warehouse roofs in states with moderate to good RECs/subsidies. Solar services included research and analysis of many solar projects including solar PPA, permitting issues, the approval process, and a financial analysis, thereby enabling the property owners to pursue long term leases and project funding sources.
- National Analysis of Commercial Rooftops – In a solar consulting engagement, Dan Connors, Project Manager for our Company, completed an analysis of over 30 warehouse rooftops for a Fortune 100 freight/logistics company and defined the environmental and economic advantages to identify the best corporate sites for solar PV. The analysis considered specific utility costs and local government incentives to provide the client’s corporate engineering staff with a basis to determine what locations warranted further consideration and solar RFQ with local solar engineer, procure, and construct (EPC) firms.
- Consulting to County Government – Our team worked closely with County government officials to provide numerous analyses of a county-wide solar initiative with pass through loans to residential and small commercial solar users. We also assessed PPA opportunities from various perspectives, from utility to consumer, working closely with the regional municipal utility authority. We have solar team members with municipal and county energy conservation, renewable energy and solar business consulting services experience.
- A Successful Solar Integrator Start Up – Two brothers started a residential and small commercial solar integration company in April 2009, using our solar business plan as a guide; they were initially a sales organization only. Using multiple installers to subcontract work, including design and suppliers, the company expanded rapidly. By early 2010, they had taken design and installs in-house. In August 2010, they advised they now had offices in three states and had grossed almost $5M in a six month period, with 50 plus employees.
- Consulting to Integrators – Our solar team has provided solar services and solar business plan development to integrators (sales, install and design) nationwide. For one client, we completed their solar business plan to guide their expansion into three additional states and obtain funding for solar projects with a quality solar business plan. For other clients, we prepared a solar business plan and worked with investment bankers to obtain funding for either the client or their solar customers.
- Solar Broker Services – Utilizing our solar applications that incorporate remote roof top analysis, Google Earth and other applications and solar consulting experience, we provide solar pricing, return on investment schedules within an owner’s report for commercial and small utility grade projects nationwide. Examples of our solar broker team’s solar site reports include community buildings for a 300 plus unit planned community, several warehouse rooftops, big box retailers and a 60 acre parcel. Additional services offered as a solar broker include serving as the owner’s agent for permitting, coordination of the RFQ/RFP for solar installers, panel and material options, assessing funding options and project management as a “one stop shop” for the property owner. We provide multiple bids and options in a one stop solar service agreement.